The goal of this relief anthology is to raise dollars in support of women’s shelters, women’s advocacy groups.
The anthology will be published through a print-on-demand (POD) model using Lulu.com .
This is not a paying or a qualifying professional market (i.a.w. SFWA standards for Qualifying Professional Markets.
Authors retain all rights on material. Authors may remove their submission from the anthology at anytime by a written (emailed) request. By submitting to the anthology you are agreeing use of your work(s) for non-pecuniary (no one is making money off your work) purposes outside the donation to the various non-profit women’s shelters/advocacy groups.
Submissions should be sent to:
Electronic submissions only.
• Please place SUBMISSION-FALL 2009 in the subject line
• Send as an attachment .doc or .rtf, mac users may contact me directly for conversion resources
• Use standard US letter page size (8.5″ width, 11″ length)
• Cover/Title page with title and author’s name (or pen name)
• Double spaced
• 12 pitch Times New Roman or Courier family fonts (please)
• No other special formatting is required nor desired
Fiction should have strong female leading characters. All genres considered.
Specifically seeking one (1) essay/article on20surviving domestic abuse/abusive relationship(s) for the front/intro matter. This essay/article WILL be anonymous. A non-disclosure agreement will be signed between submitter and J.K.Richard (publisher) if accepted for publication.
REPRINTS ARE ACCEPTABLE!
Deadline for submissions is midnight (Pacific Standard Time) September 30th, 2009.
The anthology will be made publicly available mid-October.
All contributors will receive an electronic (.pdf) copy of the anthology.
There is room for approximately 7-9 short stories in each anthology (word count dependent).