announce the establishment of a new literary prize:
HUNGER MOUNTAIN CREATIVE NONFICTION PRIZE
Judged by Sue William Silverman, author of Love Sick: One Woman's Journey Through Sexual Addiction and editor of the journal Fourth Genre: Explorations in Nonfiction.
DEADLINE: September 10, 2007; entries accepted beginning June 1, 2007
One $1,000.00 prize winner receives publication in the Spring 2008 Issue; two honorable mentions receive $100.00 each.
- $15 entry fee, payable to "Hunger Mountain"-- includes a copy of the Spring 2008 Issue of HUNGER MOUNTAIN.
- Submit one work of creative nonfiction, not to exceed 10,000 words.
- Name or address should not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
- Story must be original, written in English, and previously unpublished.
- Entries must be typed, one-side-only.
- Use a paper clip or send unbound-- no staples or binding.
- Enclose a standard index card with title, name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Enclose a SASE for notification of winners.
- Enclose a postage-paid postcard for acknowledgement of entry (optional).
Multiple entries allowed-- each entry must be sent separately and include a separate entry fee.
No simultaneous submissions, artwork, or translations.
Once submitted, entries cannot be altered.
Electronic or faxed entries will not be accepted.
Late entries will be returned unread.
No entries will be returned.
All entries will be considered for publication.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if questions arise.
36 College Street
Montpelier VT , 05602