Editors' Prize Contest
Jeffrey E. Smith
Editors' Prize in
Fiction, Essay and Poetry
Not Just Any Contest!
Select winning entries in the past have been reprinted in the Best Americanseries Click here to see previous winners!
$5,000 Fiction | $5,000 Poetry | $5,000 Essay
We are now accepting submissions for our 2009 contest. Submissions must be postmarked by Oct. 1, 2009.
(No other information is needed to enter)
- Page restrictions: Please include no more than 25 typed, double-spaced pages for fiction and nonfiction. Poetry entries can include any number of poems up to 10 pages. Each story or essay constitutes one entry.
- Entry fee: $20 for each entry (make checks payable to The Missouri Review). Each fee entitles the entrant to a one-year subscription to TMR, an extension of a current subscription, or a gift subscription. Please indicate your choice and enclose a complete address for subscriptions.
- Entries must be clearly addressed to: Missouri Review Editors' Prize, 357 McReynolds Hall, UMC, Columbia, MO 65211. The outside of the envelope must be marked "Fiction," "Essay" or "Poetry." Each entry in each category must be mailed in a separate envelope.
- On the first page of each submission, please include the author's name, address, email address and telephone number.
- Entries must be previously unpublished and will not be returned.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. Please let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- One winner and three finalists will be chosen in each category. Announcements will be posted on our website on or before 1/31/2010. Winners will be published and finalists announced in the spring issue of The Missouri Review. Finalists in all categories will receive a minimum of $100 and consideration for publication at regular publication pay rates.
- Please indicate in your cover letter if you wished to be notified of the winners by email, or include a SASE.
If you have any questions regarding the Editors' Prize Contest, please feel free to e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The postmark deadline is Oct. 1, 2009.