Mission: To enrich the lives of Oregonians through language and literature.
- The Executive Director is responsible for both the management and artistic direction of the organization, reporting to the Board of Directors and working with staff to administer diverse and unique literary programming within a mid-sized budget.
- The Executive Director, working with the Board of Directors, is responsible for developing and implementing a creative and sustainable strategy for funding current and future programs in Portland and throughout the state of Oregon.
- The Executive Director serves as the primary spokesperson for Literary Arts, representing and advocating for the organization to its audiences, writers, funders, arts organizations and other constituents.
- Proven skills and experience in nonprofit management and in developing and running arts and cultural programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead, support, and motivate staff in a collaborative fashion
- Demonstrated track record for strategic thinking and the leadership skills necessary for translating strategic plans into action
- Demonstrated success in sponsor development and fundraising
- Knowledge of contemporary literature and cultural trends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking
- An understanding of media and technology trends affecting the arts and the ability to incorporate those trends into program development