Annie Dillard Award for Creative Nonfiction
1st Prize $1,000
Final Judge: Stephen Kuusisto
First place winners will be published in the Bellingham Review. Second and third place winners and finalists may be considered for publication.
1. Entry Fees:
$18 for the first entry (one nonfiction work).
Each additional entry is $10.
Please make checks payable to:
The Bellingham Review.
Everyone entering the competition will receive a complimentary two-issue subscription to Bellingham Review.
International Submissions: The Bellingham Review is only able to process international money orders made out in US dollars. Please include an extra $10 to cover the cost of mailing a subscription overseas. If you would like to enter the contest without receiving an international subscription, let us know, and you will owe only the $18 entry fee.
2. Deadline: Submissions must be postmarked between December 1, 2007, and March 15, 2008.
3. For each entry, submit the following:
3" x 5" index card stating the title of the work, the category (creative nonfiction), the author's name, phone number, address and email. Please make sure the writing is legible on this card. The author's name must not appear anywhere on the manuscript; the index card will serve as the only record of your entry.
A check made out to The Bellingham Review.
A self-addressed stamped envelope for announcement of winners. The author's name must not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
4. Maximum length for prose is 8,000 words.
5. No previously published works, or works accepted for publication, are eligible. Work may be under consideration elsewhere, but must be withdrawn from the competition if accepted for publication. Current students, faculty, or staff of WWU are not eligible to enter the contest.
6. Send entries to:
Mail Stop 9053
Western Washington University
Bellingham, WA 98225
7. Manuscripts will not be returned. Winners will be announced by July, 2008.